The Open Contracting Journey
There are many ways to get started with open contracting. From committing to more disclosure, to publishing, using, and analyzing government contracts, to monitoring implementation of the approach.
Here’s our guide of how to use open contracting for your purposes and our resources and tools that will help you in doing so.
Our resource library pulls together relevant publications and tools to support you in implementing open contracting.
The Open Contracting Data Standard, an open and community-led standard that we steward, is the main tool to transform an opaque contracting process into open data that can unlock knowledge and spur action.
If you are thinking about implementing open contracting, whether you are government, civil society, private sector or journalists, make sure to let us know. We’d love to engage.
7 simple steps to open contracting:
- Design your engagement and make a commitment
- Map the readiness for open contracting in your country
- Build your Open Contracting Data Standard implementation
- Publish contracting data
- Use information to monitor government contracts and fix problems
- Learn and innovate government contracting
- Show and share what you have learned with others