This is just a small selection of highlights that we wanted to share with you. But it was a hard choice to choose only one for each month. Here they are:
- January: Mexico City revamps its bike share service after joining our impact accelerator program
- February: Kazakhstani Instagrammers share tips to spot suspicious procurement deals
- March: In India, open contracting informs public spending on health & flood management
- April: Indonesian civil society & government join forces to oversee 600+ procuring entities
- May: We make 10 recommendations to fix the UK’s draft Procurement Bill, several of which are adopted
- June: 2000+ people review our new toolkit for Open & Sustainable Public Procurement
- July: The new RISE Ukraine coalition makes plans to rebuild with integrity, sustainability & efficiency
- August: Marginalized residents in Buenos Aires have a say in public works using open contracting
- September: Italy’s anti-corruption agency uses data-driven contracting to curb corruption
- October: We launch new research to support Africa’s e-procurement reforms
- November: Competition increases thanks to Ecuador’s democratization of public procurement
- December: Contracting reforms in Edo State, Nigeria & Nuevo Leon boost competition and oversight
Check out all of our stories and review the progress and impact open contracting champions and reformers made this year. We’ve also developed many new resources for you: from data tools to policy briefs and in-depth reports, there’s something to support everyone. And if you feel in need of inspiration, here’s what our open contracting champions have to share.
We’re grateful to be part of such an inspiring and innovative community! Let’s continue transforming public procurement together, so it is fairer and better for people and the planet.