Governments spend over US$13 trillion on public contracting and procurement every year, a third of all government spending. Public procurement is vital to the effective delivery of goods, works and services to citizens and plays an important role in economic inclusion and a country’s business climate. As countries are preparing their recovery, public procurement reform should be center stage.
We have prepared this brief guide to help members of the Open Government Partnership prepare their next National Action Plan.
In addition, the following resources will help you design your open contracting commitment.
Resources to help you design a great open contracting commitment
- Commitment template: Draft guidance and commitment template
- Commitment checklist: Open Contracting OGP Commitment Checklist
- Brief: Why Open Contracting is Essential to Open Government
- Blog: Great Ideas for OGP Action Plans
- Blog: Why open contracting is the most important commitment in your NAP
- Fact sheet: OGP & Open Contracting fact sheet
- Open Government Partnership Global Report 2019: Report on Open Contracting within the OGP
- A guide to open government and the coronavirus: public procurement
- OGP’s guide to open contracting and public procurement