Open contracting will be, once again, high on the agenda at this year’s global summit of the Open Government Partnership in Ottawa. We are excited to engage with civil society and governments to identify ways to support you and advance open contracting in your country too.
Here’s an overview of the more 20+ events scheduled on open contracting. And make sure to register for our Happy Hour on Thursday, where we hope to see all of you celebrating with you.
- OGP Academy Day: Let’s explore the hottest open contracting research on the role of business and hear the latest analysis from Colombia, Paraguay & Ukraine.
- Civil Society Day: We’ll grill some of our open contracting idols with some hard questions in celebrity interviews.
- Hivos Local Open Contracting Initiative Workshop (by invitation only): Learn about open contracting at the sub-national level & help design the new LOCI program.
- Contracting 5 Working Group meeting (by invitation only): C5 members will meet to discuss advances and lessons from implementing open contracting.
- Feminist Open Government side event: Everyone, everywhere. Public contracting needs to be inclusive. Here we discuss how.
- Local Open Government Day: Short feedback loops, direct impact. Let’s explore implementing open contracting at the local level.
- Hivos thematic open contracting roundtables on Investigative Journalism, Extractive Industries, and Health.
- Bold is Better Strategy Launch Reception: Celebrate our new strategy with us!
During the Global Summit
- 10:30 – Impact: Open government as the means to what end?
- 12:00 – Participation: Building trust and better infrastructure: The best methods to engage citizens and have lasting impact.
- 13:40 – Impact: Making public procurement 10 times better.
- 15:10 – Impact: Entrenching open government principles, culture, and practices.
- 15:10 – Open: Implementing open contracting and beneficial ownership to combat corruption in challenging contexts
- 16:40 – Plenary: Break the Roles: Putting inclusion at the center of open government
- 18:30 – Bold is Better reception!
- 10:30 – Inclusion: Storytelling for public contracting reforms: Data literacy and informed citizen reporting for inclusive public contracting reforms
- 12:00 – Participation: Agile procurement case studies: How better government purchasing decisions yield better citizen outcomes
- 12:00 – Inclusion: Beyond inclusion! From inclusivity to responsiveness in public procurement to empower woman, youth and underrepresented communities.
- 13:40 – Participation: Local matters! Where open contracting results matter most to people.