OGP Partner Session—Stronger Alliances against Corruption in Procurement through the Lens of OGP
The discussion will focus on two main aspects, namely: the impact of global CSO alliances and the importance of international organizations in supporting the process based on the examples of Open Contracting Partnership and Transparent Public Procurement Rating (TPPR); and the impact of such alliances on advancing OGP goals and the global 2030 agenda.
The proposed discussion will showcase the impact of regional and global CSO alliances on shaping the process of fighting corruption at national levels and will promote stronger action to fight corruption by forging more transparent and accountable procurement systems globally. It will also demonstrate the potential for stronger support from international organizations to create new and support existing alliances, the end goal of which is to contribute to realizing OGP goals and global 2030 agenda.
- Moderator: Giorgi Kldiashvili, Executive Director, Institute for Development of Freedom of Information
- Gavin Hayman, Executive Director, Open Contracting Partnership
- Sándor Léderer, Executive Director, K-Monitor
- Khrystyna Zelinska, Innovation Projects Program Manager, Transparency International Ukraine
- Vivien Suerte-Cortez, Consultant, Thematic Policy Areas, Open Government Partnership
- Sandro Rochikashvili, Analyst, Institute for Development of Freedom of Information
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:40 PM UTC