OGP Partner Session—Open government partners together, how our joint approach delivers change
Whilst the increase in digitisation seen in 2020 – 21 has many benefits, it poses a threat to heightening polarisation in our community. Our session will demonstrate the strength of joint approaches across key open government organisations, helping to excite new and existing OGP members and show how collaboration leads to quick wins with impact.
In a panel session we will bring together influential advocates and practitioners to share their success stories across infrastructure and extractive transparency, beneficial ownership and open contracting.
The session will showcase impressive examples from OGP members who ticked boxes in their open government action plans by committing to globally recognised initiatives. Examples include Indonesia strengthening access to beneficial ownership data, Ecuador showcasing its roadmap to implementing extractive and infrastructure transparency, and Scotland highlighting the value of collaboration for its forthcoming action plan.
- Moderator: Petter Matthews, Executive Director, CoST IS
- Katherine White, Interim Deputy Director, Infrastructure and Investment, Scottish Government [invited/TBA]
- Bady Balde, Deputy Director and Africa Director, EITI
- Mauricio Alarcon, Executive Director, Fundacion Ciudadania y Desarrollo, Member of CoST Ecuador and EITI Ecuador
- Gavin Hayman, Executive Director, Open Contracting Partnership and Chair, Steering Group, Open Ownership
Date: Tuesday, 14 December 2021
Time: 12:00 PM – 13:30 PM UTC