Gender-responsive procurement in Gauteng
We are holding this webinar in recognition of International Women’s Month and the progress made towards gender-responsive procurement in Gauteng. The webinar will provide a platform for the Gauteng Provincial Government to discuss their success with the collection of disaggregated data in their Township program, and its implication on inclusive and gender-responsive procurement in the province.
From the Open Contracting Partnership (OCP), we will introduce our project on how gender-responsive procurement can help increase transparency in public procurement. We also look forward to discussing open contracting and the open contracting data standard with a new audience.
By the end of this interaction, we hope to produce a report with recommendations for other government entities on how to enhance their own gender data disaggregation and support gender-responsive procurement.
- Edwin Mahumuza – OCP
- Andie Okon – OCP
- Tebogo Phadu – Gauteng Premier’s Office
- Masha Mathopane – Township Economy, Gauteng Provincial Government
- Nomvula Makgotlho – Department of Small Business Development
- Zweli Zwane – Gauteng Department of Economic Development
- Annie Sugrue – Facilitator (EcoSasa)
Date: 31 March 2022
Time: 10 – 11:30 AM (SAST)
Region: South Africa