2022 OGP Africa and the Middle East Regional Meeting
The Open Government Partnership and the Kingdom of Morocco are hosting the 2022 OGP Africa and the Middle East Regional Meeting on November 1-3, 2022 in Marrakech, Morocco. This event will bring together open government champions and stakeholders from the region and key international partners to raise collective ambition, energize the community, and generate new political support to make governments more transparent, accountable and responsive to citizens.
In the spirit of accelerating sustainable development and economic recovery in Africa, this year’s meeting will focus on leveraging open government approaches to strengthen public service delivery in the region.
On 1 November we will be co-hosting our session with Global Integrity titled “Procurement Reform: Corruption Risks, Emergencies, and Effective Service Delivery // Réforme d’approvisionnement : risques de corruption, urgences et prestation efficace de services”
- Time: 9 AM GMT+1
- Location: Palm Plaza Hotel Av. du 7ème Art, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
- Prof. Sope Williams, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- Jorge Florez, Global Integrity
- Charlene Migwe, Development Gateway
- Gilbert Sendugwa, AFIC Uganda
- Edwin Muhumuza, Open Contracting Partnership
Region: Middle East and Northern Africa
Audience: Multistakeholder Initiative