Intoduction to OCDS workshop @ International Open Data Conference, Ottawa (May 27th 2015)
We’re pleased to announce the first a series of workshops to support current and future publishers and users of data using the Open Contracting Data Standard. To be alerted to future workshops, or to suggest a location for future sessions, please join the standard-discuss mailing list.
Ottawa, May 27th 2015
Alongside the 3rd International Open Government Data Conference in Ottawa we will be hosting an introductory workshop for publishers and users of procurement data to learn more about the Open Contracting Data Standard, and to share learning about working with procurement data.
This session, with space for up to 20 participants, will take place on Wednesday 27th May, from 09.00 – 13.00 at the Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, ON K1N 9J2.
To take part, please register your interest here. Preference will be given to those currently implementing or planning to implement OCDS as a data producer or user.
09.00 – 10.30: OCDS – An Overview
Presentation walking through:
- The different sections of the Open Contracting Data Standard: planning, tender, award, contract and implementation;
- The releases & records model;
- The basic, intermediate and advanced data publication requirements;
- The technical options for applying OCDS, from 1-star document publication, through to comprehensive 5-star data;
- Existing examples of OCDS publication and tools for working with the data;
- The future developments planned for OCDS;
Followed by extended question & answer session.
10:30 – 11:00: Break
11:00 – 13:00: Hands-on sessions (optional)
An opportunity for one-to-one or small-group support on particular issues, including space for discussion of tools and technologies for working with OCDS.