How can we get EU recovery right?
On March 15, 10:00-11:00 CET, OGP is hosting an online conversation on the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility, an essential mechanism to combat the challenges faced by EU member states as they rebuild economies and livelihoods in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The conversation will bring together representatives from the European Commission, national governments, and civil society to discuss how – and why it is so important – to ensure openness of recovery spending.
This conversation follows on from a policy roundtable that OGP convened in partnership with the Open Spending EU Coalition on 23 November 2021. The policy roundtable focused on how European governments and institutions, as well as civil society, can apply open government values to the implementation of the EU Recovery and Resilience Facility for a more fair, effective recovery. Through the roundtable discussion, we gathered key ideas and recommendations for how to get EU recovery right. The conversation will lay out a vision of how to implement these recommendations.
The Open Spending EU Coalition has developed a whitepaper including specific recommendations on opening up the Recovery and Resilience Facility spending including on public procurement.
- Ints Dālderis, Special Advisor, Ministry of Finance, Government of Latvia
- Helen Darbishire, Executive Director, Access Info Europe
- Céline Gauer, Director General, Head of the Recovery and Resilience Task Force, European Commission
- Marcella Panucci, Head of Cabinet, Ministry for Public Administration, Government of Italy
- Paul Maassen, Chief, Country Support, OGP Support Unit
We would love to see you at this event and hear your thoughts on how to ensure an open, fair and sustainable recovery!