Community call: Open contracting for low tech report
The Open Contracting Partnership commissioned a research project to better understand the needs of practitioners in low tech contexts and how they can be better supported by facilitators in the field. The research project sought to answer the following questions:
- What support exists for practitioners in low-tech contexts?
- What is needed to make already existing support more useful?
- What support is missing for low-tech users and their contexts?
- How could the gaps be filled and delivered?
The research was conducted by Agency between March to June, 2020, which included interviewing key support creators and facilitators as well as a thorough mapping of existing support for practitioners in low tech contexts.
The community call to discuss their findings will be happening on 3 September 2020 at 14:00pm (GMT+1) / 9:00am (EST). Please register here
The purpose of this community call is to share and discuss the research findings, specifically for international and regional organizations that provide and facilitate support to frontline individuals and institutions working on open contracting reforms. Through this community call, we are looking to achieve the following:
- Discuss and validate the findings from the research
- Talk through some implications for research recommendations and how you can apply them, as a support creator and facilitator
- Kickstart conversations about next steps, further research and potential collaborations
Audience: Civic Tech