Fair and effective public contracting can provide everyone, everywhere with the public goods, services and works they need. Our 2019-23 Strategy is about making that bold vision a reality.
We plan five key shifts to support you in driving systemic reforms, fostering openness and jumping scale to impact:
- Moving from transparency to transformational change: We want to make sure public contracting is 10x more efficient, fairer, more responsive, and accountable by encouraging the entire ecosystem of contracting policy, data, and practices to be ‘open-by-design’.
- Supporting agile, performance-driven implementation of open contracting: We will move beyond ‘just’ working with procurement and contracting officials to better reach the ‘problem-holders in government’ who aim to deliver services and measure performance more directly.
- Still focused on systemic impact but better at capturing progress: Getting to systemic impact takes time and we will do a better job of capturing progress and milestones on the way.
- More tailored support for more diverse open contracting practitioners: We will invest in much more specific engagement and support for other vital members of the ecosystem, such as civil society monitors, businesses, academics, and journalists, in addition to government.
- Our staying power and building a full-service team: We are extending our life cycle to be more of a three-act structure, using this second stage of our strategy to integrate all we have learned so far to ready us to jump scale and impact in our work.